We currently have the following opening available. Qualified employees interested in applying for this position may complete an “Application for Posted Job” form and return to the Human Resources Department to apply.
This position will determine and implement manufacturing technology required to operate and/or improve given processes. This includes safety, cost reduction, quality, and process improvements. This position is also responsible for the building and grounds.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Plans projects and project elements as directed, including documentation.
• Troubleshoots process problems.
• Configures control systems for optimum efficiency.
• Reviews design specifications for new and existing products.
• Develops drawings and specifications.
• Manages all project files and drawings.
• Researches suppliers for equipment, materials, and services.
• Purchases materials for engineering research and projects.
• Supervises process changes, new installations, and projects.
• Trains production and maintenance employees in equipment operation.
• Ensures all employees are working in a safe manner and have adequate protection and necessary equipment as required.
• Encourages constant teamwork and employee involvement.
• Sets up contracts for building maintenance to include, cleaning, snow removal and lawn care.
• Develops and initiates building improvements.
• Performs any other duties as assigned or directed by Supervisor or Manager as production needs require.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
• Experience Required:
• Experience in process control.
• Experience in an automated manufacturing facility.
• Experience with microprocessor-based control equipment.
• Experience with computer aided design and other software.
• Metal forming experience (i.e., stamping, punching, sheet metal fabrication).
• Experience with machine shop practices.
• Knowledge Required:
• Thorough knowledge of common manufacturing procedures.
• Thorough knowledge of drafting and machine shop practices.
• Skills Required:
• Must have excellent organizational skills and follow through.
• Must be computer literate and be proficient in computer aided design.
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills (for report writing, interactions with internal and external suppliers, etc.)
• Ability to locate and utilize resources.
• Ability to grasp new concepts and think creatively.
Tate Access Floors, Inc.
7510 Montevideo Road
Jessup, MD 20794