At the heart of QIAGEN’s business is a vision to make improvements in life possible.
We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can bring our full power to many initiatives and to our presence across the globe.
Our most valuable asset are our employees – more than 5000 in over 35 locations around the world. Our ambition is to ensure we have outstanding and passionate people working in the best teams and we are constantly looking for new talent to join us.
There are few players who have shaped the world of modern science and healthcare as much as QIAGEN, and we have only just started.
If you are looking to advance your career, are seeking new challenges and opportunities, enjoy working in dynamic and international, diverse teams and want to make a real impact on people’s lives, then QIAGEN is where you need to be.
Join us. At QIAGEN, you make a difference every day.
SUMMARY OF JOB
Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of Molecular Biology and Vialing and Assembly personnel. Ensures that relevant regulations (including QSR, ISO, OSHA, IVDD, MDD) are met and the production schedule is satisfactorily attained. Analyzes work processes to ensure that staff capacity and equipment utilization are maximized. Responsible for managing documentation, departmental validation, process improvement, development and product-transfer activities. Able to effectively collaborate with peers to obtain favorable results.
***This position is on 2nd shift. The hours will be 3:00pm-11:00pm.***
MAIN TASKS (PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES) OF THE POSITION:
Manager Manufacturing Responsibilities:
Include the following but other duties may be assigned:
- Manage, mentor and foster the technical progression and professional development of the Supervisors, Scientists and Technicians of the area of responsibility
- Ensure that laboratories are maintained in accordance with regulations and the production schedule is consistently met in a timely manner with high-quality results
- Ensure that Manufacturing operational capacity is maintained to meet the production forecast
- Ensure that personnel are adequately trained and effectively utilized to perform their job functions safely, efficiently and according to documented procedures
- Responsible for daily oversight of technical batch record review and data analysis and financial shop order variance review, assuring standard product costs are maintained
- Manage troubleshooting activities as needed by independently designing experiments and analyzing data
- Review and write production MMRs and SOPs
- Manage investigations for manufacturing product/process nonconformities
- Carry out validations and implement cost-reduction, process efficiency and / or product quality improvements.
- Participate in the product-transfer process
- Report team metrics and performance measurements
- Direct supervision of Manufacturing Supervisors, Scientists and Technicians
- Must have a B.S./B.A. degree with at least 8 years of molecular biology or related field , including at least two years prior supervisory experience in a laboratory environment.
- Masters degree and previous GMP production experience preferred.
- Technical proficiency in molecular biology or related field and previous experience in a biotechnology manufacturing environment
- Data analysis competency
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Knowledge of current QSR, ISO, OSHA, IVDD, MDD regulations desirable
- Proficiency with basic laboratory equipment operation
- Proficiency with MS WORD, EXCEL, ACCESS and POWERPOINT
- Command of spoken and written English is required.
- Must be articulate and able to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to write and review complex technical documents.
- Excellent mathematical skills are required
- Must be able to exercise sound technical and business decision-making responsibilities in a multi-tasking environment
Work environment (mental demands and other working conditions, such as hot/ cold temperatures, exposure to chemicals and biohazards etc.):
- The work environment is fast-paced and involves the ability to quickly change priorities and multi-task while maintaining a professional demeanor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What we offer
At the heart of QIAGEN are our people who drive our success. We act with passion, always challenging the status quo to drive innovation and continuous improvement. We inspire with our leadership and make an impact with our actions. We create a collaborative, safe and engaging workplace which forms the basis for high performing individuals and teams. We drive accountability and entrepreneurial decision-making and want you to excel your growth and shape the future of QIAGEN.
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including but not limited to assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Apply online: https://www.qiagen.com/applyonline?jobId=PJBFK026203F3VBQB6879LOOB-3132&langCode=en_US