The Technical Support & Training Manager is accountable for the development of relationships with the customer and dealer base with regard to the RMA (Return Material Authorization) program as well as Training appropriate for that population.
They are accountable for managing, assisting, motivating and supporting those on the Repair team, in order to get results for our customers, and ultimately increase sales.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops and implements industry specific training plans to accommodate corporate goals.
- Provides time critical technical support to the field organization of Dealer Service Technicians and Regional Sales Managers in the Americas together with the Repair/Service Technician & Returns Coordinator
- Conducts needs analysis and confers with managers and supervisors to determine training needs for the North American Training and Resource Center (NATRC).
- While collaborating with overseas colleagues, formulates training policies, programs, and schedules, based on knowledge of identified training needs, changes in products, procedures, or services.
- Selects appropriate instructional procedures or methods such as individual training, group instruction, self-study, lectures or demonstrations.
- Manages, oversees and delivers the training of all Dealer Service Technicians for all PMCs in the Americas.
- Manages, oversees and delivers the basic service training of End Users for all PMCs in the Americas.
- Develops and maintains curricula for all courses offered by the NATRC. Conducts off-site training and technical support from time to time as required.
- Organizes and develops training manuals, reference library, testing and evaluation procedures, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials in concert with Engineering and Product Management.
- Provides feedback to company’s product design team so that products can be tailored to end user needs.
- Keeps in contact with customers and other relevant parties within the market (relationship management)
- Maintains knowledge of the industry and reports all relevant market and product technical developments to appropriate parties
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Participates in marketing events such as trade shows.
- Physically demonstrates and explains the operation and use of products.
- Emphasizes product features based on analyses of customers’ needs, and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
- Provides direct support to internal and external customers in need such as training on product use and company approved demonstration.
- Provide customers and dealers with ongoing product and technical support.
- Strong communication skills – Communicates with all levels of organizations appropriately. Knows when written or verbal dialog is most efficient and effective.
- Technical skills – Mechanically inclined; adept with all manner of hand tools, able to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Customer Service skills - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance;
- Organizational skills - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops
realistic action plans
- Active listening skills – Gives full attention to what other people are saying, takes time to understand the points being made, asks questions as appropriate, and does not interrupt at inappropriate times.
- Relationship building – Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintains them over time
- Social & Cultural Perceptiveness – Is aware of others' reactions and has empathy towards why people may react in certain ways.
- Critical Thinking – Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Teamwork – Knows that things can turn out better when you work as a team. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Attention to Detail – Demonstrates accuracy in all matters. Is timely, precise, and efficient with commercial communication and documentation.
This position has supervisory responsibilities for a small team.
This job largely operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This position will also be occasionally exposed
to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee will be required to demonstrate or repair tools which can involve lifting and/or moving items over 40 pounds. During trainings, this
individual will be required to stand for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
This position may require up to 5% travel. Some of the travel may be on the weekends, and involve international travel.
Required Education and Experience
- B.A or B.S. degree (In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, a high school diploma/GED and a minimum of 5 years of applicable experience will be considered.)
- Experience in planning and executing training events
- Experience developing training curricula and developing relationships with customers
- Technical affinity with and a knowledge of hydraulics and mechanics
- Hands-on technical rescue knowledge a plus
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills. Bilingual speakers are a plus.
- Knowledge of MS Office, including but not limited to; Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience
Job posting / the place to apply is here: