Title: Plant Manager
Responsible for the overall
performance of the Plant operation.
Works with upper level management to help devise strategies and
formulate policies that ensure all Company objectives and values are being
met. Directs and coordinates a
multi-shift operation through supervisory personnel, activities concerned with
production of Company products, utilizing knowledge of production methods and
procedures, machine and equipment capabilities, as well as available labor
resources. Oversees all safety, quality,
training, and continuous improvement programs.
Develops a highly trained and efficient organization for the achievement
of world class customer service and factory performance. Reports to the VP of
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities
• Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment, including worker safety, as well as meeting all OSHA, local, state, and federal requirements.
• Works closely with Marketing and Sales to ensure that operations meets and exceeds all customer needs and requirements.
• Works closely with Engineering and Marketing to aid in the development of new products and processes.
• Works closely with accounting to ensure accurate tracking of all costs and expenses.
• Supports Materials Management, Planning and Logistics team.
• Provides coaching, mentoring and training for all plant supervisory employees, including those in production, material control, and office functions.
• Provides leadership for promoting and sustaining continuous improvement initiatives in all areas of the facility.
• Performs administrative supervision of personnel activities ensuring all Company policies are applied consistently and fairly to all plant employees.
• Responsible for overall product quality.
• Analyzes short and long-term production and manpower capabilities and provides strategies and makes recommendations to meet the anticipated requirements.
• Generates and monitors efficiency and productivity measures. Provides financial information including cost analysis and cost justifications for expenditures.
• Interacts effectively with employees at all levels of the Company and has the ability to create and maintain a cohesive and unified work force.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Working operations knowledge of Assembly processes (automation and manual) and a high mix manufacturing environment
• Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques such as 6S, Kaizen, Kan Ban, and Continuous improvement
• Candidate must have ability to work independently, be a self-starter and self-managed
• A flexible and adaptable leader in highly fluid environment (comfortably handles rapid and repeated changes in priority and focus); can manage processes effectively and uses interpersonal savvy to relate to others
• Proven track record of strong operational leadership and demonstrated business acumen
• A penchant for being proactive
• Ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies
• Skill in planning, organizing, directing and coordinating a wide variety of activities; developing implementing and communicating policies and procedures for organization; analyzing data, making sound recommendations and adopting effective causes of action; working persuasively and tactfully with all levels of the organization
• Supervision of professional staff; communicating effectively both in oral and written form
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
• Familiar with Project Management and the use of project management tools
• Familiar with the use of DMAIC or PDCA problem solving tools and processes
Educational & Certification
• B.S. Degree in Management/Engineering or another related field, MBA a plus
• Minimum of 10 years Plant Management/Operations Management experience
• Lean/Six Sigma certification preferred
• Green Belt/Black Belt certification a plus
Qualified applicants are asked to submit cover letter and
resume, including salary requirements to:
Beth Taylor, SPHR
Human Resource Manager/Safety Coordinator
Caldwell Manufacturing Company
9850 Prosperity Lane
Williamsport, MD 21795
Caldwell Manufacturing Company NA, LLC is committed to
the policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. This policy expressly prohibits
discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national
origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic
predisposition or carrier status, veteran status or status as a member of any
other protected group or activity.