For details and link to apply. https://bit.ly/3hwyCM4
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Industrial Indicators is a family owned and operated manufacturer of SmartBolts, a revolutionary industrial bolt product that features a visual indicator of bolt tension. The company core values are being growth-oriented, a team player, open and honest and respecting each individual whom we work with.
JOB SUMMARY: The Operations Manager leads and manages our Operations Group, which is comprised of the functions of Production, Quality, Engineering, Supply Chain and Maintenance. Promotes and develops our company Lean Culture and encourages a mindset of Continuous Improvement. Upholds our principles of Safety, Quality and Productivity (in that order of priority). Included in the job scope are production planning and scheduling, management of all factory processes, inventory control, WIP, finished goods inventory investment and the physical plant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. The following duties and responsibilities are to be performed accurately, efficiently, within Company safety and Quality System standards, within specified time frames and as needed.
- Ensure correct and on-time shipment of customer orders within Company-established lead times.
- Maintain and grow factory capacity to support incoming order rate and sales growth plans.
- Create an atmosphere of teamwork, trust and cooperation.
- Create and maintain a showplace factory environment for our customers and stakeholders. Implement and maintain systems that control inventory record accuracy.
- Implement and maintain systems that minimize inventory investment while avoiding stock-outs.
- Continually improve productivity and control costs to meet annual expectations.
- Develop, lead and coach employees to be the best they can be.
LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly leads, manages and holds accountable the functions and leaders of Production, Quality, Engineering, Supply Chain and Maintenance. Indirectly leads 8-16 hourly employees. Carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organization's core values, policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training and developing employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
COMPUTER AND DATA MANAGEMENT: Proficiency with using software management systems, including Product Lifecycle Management and inventory management (MRP) software. Ability to design and develop spreadsheets for data management and reporting. Familiarity with maintaining database management systems. Familiarity with CNC programming (G-code) a plus.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business publications, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form. Solid arithmetic skills, including the ability to mentally perform rapid, accurate calculations.
- Knowledge and experience with Lean Manufacturing techniques and principles
- Self-motivated with ability to establish priorities and effectively manage time to complete multiple tasks within specified timeframes
- Organized with a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to work independently and/or cooperatively and effectively in a team environment
- Excellent project management and facilitation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to communicate in a professional, positive, courteous manner at all times with all levels of customers, clients, vendors, visitors and employees
- Preferred: Extensive knowledge of industry, with a strong emphasis on products and related applications
- Preferred: Experience managing metalworking operations
- Preferred: Knowledge of bolting principles, terminology and standards.
- Demonstrates company core values on a consistent basis
- Adherence to company policies and procedures
- Excellent daily attendance record
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality
- Productive and consistent high-quality work
- Bachelor’s degree. Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Five plus (5+) years of experience in manufacturing leadership
- Proven ability to manage and lead a team
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and determination to succeed