The One-Day Lean Thinking Overview Workshop provides participants with an introduction to lean principles and tools. For people just getting started with lean, or for organizations who are ramping up on their lean journeys, this workshop is a must! Participants will understand:
- The background and definition of Lean Thinking
- Key principles of the lean philosophy
- The Eight Types of Waste found in all business processes
- An overview of Value Stream Mapping, the tool used to find waste and improvement opportunities
- The common methods of lean process improvement, including standard work, 5S and visual management, pull systems, setup reduction, cellular processing, and others
- An introduction to continuous improvement and kaizen improvement concepts
- A description of the keys to success with Lean Thinking
- Advice on getting started and first steps
Each workshop includes a hands-on learning activity that helps solidify the understanding of lean principles and tools.
This workshop is suitable for everyone: front line and management, manufacturers and knowledge workers, supervisors, senior executives. No prior exposure to lean is necessary.
For questions and for those with special dietary needs, contact Marina Nalli-Skelton at email@example.com.
This workshop will be facilitated by MWCC Executive Director, Jeff Fuchs.