***Training Grant for Maryland Manufacturing and Technology Companies!***
Registrants of Maryland manufacturing or technology companies are eligible for 50% reimbursement of the cost of this training through our grant with the Maryland Department of Commerce. Please contact Joyce La Padula at 410-960-3785 or via email at email@example.com for details.
Lean Basics One-Day Workshop
This workshop is a one-day introduction to understanding the BASICS of Lean. The goal of this course is to give an overview of the implementation process of Lean tools and methodologies through interactive exercises.
Participants will partake in discussions, lecture, and games/exercises during which the instructor covers many topics including:
- What is “Batching” and why One-Piece Flow is important
- What is World Class?
- A Lean Health-Check Overview - How to assess your company and its progression towards World Class
- Lean BASICS Overview – Tools and principles of a proven implementation model
- Product Flow Analysis exercise
- Workflow analysis exercise
- Station balancing vs. bumping / baton zone balancing
- Rapid improvement process
The Lean BASICS model has been applied during Lean implementations in many companies over the past 20 years, including some of the Fortune 100.
The workshop teaches the same hierarchy of tools approach taught originally by Shigeo Shingo’s “P Course.” By the end of the workshop, participants/teams will have not only a basic understanding of core principles but will be armed with analysis tools they can take immediately back to their companies to make a positive impact.
This workshop is appropriate for any level of lean practitioner whether beginner or advanced. No prior knowledge is necessary for the workshop, only an open mind!
This workshop will be led by Dan Protzman & Jeremy Horn of the Business Improvement Group (BIG).