Virtual Lean Peer Group #20
Due to the impact COVID-19 has had on our clients, we will split the $3,000 cost for this Cohort in two payments: $1500 upon registration and $1500 will be due on July 1, 2021.
Build a Lean Culture to Ensure Long-Term Success
The Maryland World Class Consortia hosts regional Lean Peer Groups throughout Maryland. Lean applies to any type of organization and processing environment. Whether you are a manufacturer, distributor, service organization, or a non-profit, this program should be part of your Continuous Improvement plan. Company leaders will have an opportunity to revamp and re-energize their Lean strategy by networking with and learning from others who are committed to creating a Lean culture.
Due to COVID-19, we have instituted adjustments and enhanced the program. Lean Peer Group meetings are held via (Zoom) video conference. For Group #20, though all monthly meetings will be held utilizing this same format, if company travel and meeting restrictions are lifted, MWCC will make every effort to coordinate facility tours for members within travel distance of each other. These gatherings will be in addition to the monthly video conference meetings.
- Lean Training/Discussion - 45 minutes
- Topic Examples - Lean Leadership, Resistance to Change, Influence / Motivation, Support System Alignment, Engagement Methods, Office Lean, Lean Fundamentals, Key Lean Tools
- Company Presentation - 30 minutes
- At each meeting, a Member Company will provide a short presentation on Lean activities in their organization, such as a company project, challenge, or Lean plans, for Group learning and/or to obtain member input.
- Company Check-In - 45 minutes
- Lean Updates (What can I share which others can learn from, and what do I need help with so the group can share their experiences?)
Following are some of the enhancements which will be incorporated for Group #20.
- Member Locations - Participation will not be restricted to any particular region within Maryland, nor is participation exclusive to Maryland organizations. The video conference format enables participation of organizations regardless of location.
- Number of Members - Since room capacity limitations are not a concern with videoconferencing, we will increase the maximum number of participating organizations to twelve (vs previous count of nine). Number of participants per company is not restricted (within reason).
- Number of Meetings -Minimum of ten Group meetings, with additional Multi-Group video conference meetings occurring every two to three months.
- "Members Only" - Each Group has their own area on the new MWCC website. This member area will have a location for materials such as meeting presentation slides, and there is also a discussion feature.
Who Should Attend?
Not just for manufacturers, our Lean Peer Groups have a mix of companies from a broad range of industries and Lean maturity levels, from those who are just getting started to some who would be considered Lean-mature organizations. All of these organizations have been able to learn and grow. The only real requirement is a sincere desire and commitment to moving forward on this never-ending journey of excellence. To assure open communication, no competitors are placed within the same group. Participation is limited to 12 companies.
What is the cost?
Lean Peer Group participation includes a one-year MWCC membership, a $1250 value. And Maryland manufacturing and technology companies qualify for grant reimbursement of 50% of the $3000 fee at the end of the Peer Group round ($1500). So, you do the math! The effective cost for MWCC manufacturing members would be $250 for the whole organization for this year-long program.
Your Lean Peer Group Facilitator
Dave Rizzardo has been the Associate Director of MWCC since 2014. In 2012, he co-developed the Lean Peer Group service and has been facilitating multiple groups since that time. His Lean experience predates the time when Lean became synonymous with business excellence. His recently published book, "Lean - Let's Get It Right! How to Build a Culture of Continuous Improvement", dives into many of the topics discussed and debated during the MWCC Lean Peer Group meetings.
If you have questions about this program, contact MWCC Associate Director, Dave Rizzardo (717-855-0765) , or MWCC Managing Director, Joyce La Padula (410-960-3785).