Overview: Dynamic Leadership (DL) for Proficiency & Autonomy is designed to train leaders in a system and progression of skills, practices and tools aimed at increasing employee engagement, development, proficiency and ownership.
This training helps leaders prevent employees from feeling uncertain, undervalued and ultimately, under performing. This program is a great match for leaders who work in LEAN and or continuous improvement work cultures.
Dynamic Leadership will benefit you and your leaders if you are looking to address any of the following:
• You need to help others step up so you can step back- you can’t focus on your work because employees are so dependent on you to do their work.
• A few capable and motivated employees “carry” the less capable and less motivated; and aren’t happy about it!
• You find yourself addressing the same performance issues over and over again with less traction and more frustration.
• You want to strengthen your bench and add to the skills and learning of your employees, staff or team.
• You want to feel confident you are using positive and corrective feedback frequently enough and correctly.
• You are looking for better tools/methods to address accountability issues.
Participating leaders will learn to apply Situational / Developmental leadership to assess their preferred leadership approach in regard to Directing, Coaching, Counseling and Delegating. They then learn to evaluate their followers skill and motivation levels (readiness), when, how and with whom to apply the appropriate leadership approach. Participants receive hands on instruction and tools to improve how they use these four leadership approaches back on-the-job.
Who Should attend: Dynamic Leadership provides a strong foundation for developing leadership and concrete tools to put into practice. Supervisors, Front-line-leaders, managers and new leaders find this program highly applicable to their situation. Dynamic Leadership helps leaders achieve greater levels of performance by more effectively matching their leadership to the needs of their people.
Format & Learning Process: This virtual program takes place over 4 weeks. This is a "Learn-Do-Share" format that increases the retention and application of learning "back on the job"! Each week participants plan and report out on their homework and action steps.
Dates & Times: Learning Events (1/30, 2/15, 3/1 & 3/15) - 10:00AM - 2:30PM
Some learning objectives and key take-aways are:
- Learn to match their leadership approach to the needs of the follower.
- Ability to motivate, engage and inspire associates.
- Provide effective work instruction, goal emphasis and direction.
- Provide effective feedback: praise & correction.
- Ability to coach, mentor and build the skills and confidence of others.
- Effective delegation.
- Goal Setting, using objectives and performance measures to full advantage.
- Adapt their leadership behavior to bring out the best in others.
- Address difficult behaviors.
- Ability to address and correct performance and conduct problems.
- Empower and encourage initiative.
Includes: Four online learning events, PDFs of all instructional material, four application exchanges & post-session coaching.
Your facilitator for this event is Kelly Petrock, President of the LEAD Institute.
For details on the program, please see attached.