REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
Virtual Lean Peer Group #28
October 12, 2023 to September 12, 2024
1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Build a Lean Culture to Ensure Long-Term Success
MWCC has held regional Lean Peer Groups throughout Maryland since 2012. This program is now available to organizations regardless of company location.
Lean applies to any type of organization and processing environment. Whether you are a manufacturer, distributor, service organization, or a non-profit, this program should be part of your Continuous Improvement plan. Revamp and re-energize your Lean strategy by networking with and learning from others who are committed to creating a Lean culture.
Schedule - Each Lean Peer Group meets monthly. (Refer to the registration page for the tentative schedule.) However, if anyone is unable to attend on these dates, they may attend one of the other Group meetings.
- Lean Training/Discussion - 1 Hour
- Topic Examples - Lean Leadership, Resistance to Change, Influence / Motivation, Support System Alignment, Engagement Methods, Office Lean, Lean Fundamentals, Key Lean Tools
- Company Presentation - 30 minutes
- At each meeting, a Member Company provides a short presentation on Lean activities in their organization, such as a company project, challenge, or Lean plans, for Group learning and/or to obtain member input.
- Open Discussion - 30 minutes
- Member sharing of experiences for others to learn and/or to request Group input on issues and challenges.
- Member Locations - Participation will not be restricted to any particular region within Maryland, nor is participation exclusive to Maryland organizations. The video conference format enables participation of organizations regardless of location.
- Number of Members - Since room capacity limitations are not a concern with videoconferencing, the maximum number of participating organizations is twelve. Number of participants per company is not restricted (within reason).
- Number of Meetings - There are 12 meetings, and MWCC Quarterly Conferences and Lean Learnings are no-cost to members.
- "Members Only" - Each Group has their own area on the MWCC website. This member area will have a location for materials such as meeting presentation slides.
Who Should Attend?
Organizations – Not just for manufacturers, our Lean Peer Groups have a mix of companies from a broad range of industries and Lean maturity levels, from those who are just getting started to some who would be considered Lean-mature organizations. The only real requirement is a sincere desire and commitment to moving forward on this never-ending journey of excellence.
Meeting Attendees – There are no restrictions as to company position, but typical attendees include Lean facilitators and company leaders. Specifically, front-line leaders would gain greatly from ongoing participation. Though anyone in the organization who wants to learn more about Lean is welcome to participate.
What about the cost?
Lean Peer Group participation includes a one-year MWCC membership, a $1250 value. NOTE: Your company might qualify for grant reimbursement of 50% of the $3000 fee at the end of the Peer Group round. (This reimbursement is subject to availability of funding and adequate appropriation.) Considering these factors, the effective cost for Maryland company participants would be $250 for the whole organization for this year-long program. (Non-Maryland organizations should check grant availability in their states.)
Your Lean Peer Group Facilitator
Dave Rizzardo has been the Associate Director of MWCC since 2014. In 2012, he co-developed the Lean Peer Group service and has been facilitating multiple groups since that time. His Lean experience predates the time when Lean became synonymous with business excellence. His recently published book, "Lean - Let's Get It Right! How to Build a Culture of Continuous Improvement", dives into many of the topics discussed and debated during the MWCC Lean Peer Group meetings.
If you have questions about this program, contact MWCC Associate Director, Dave Rizzardo (717-855-0765) , or MWCC Managing Director, Joyce La Padula (410-960-3785).