Green business is all the buzz right now, but few people understand even the basics necessary to get started on "greening" their business. Fewer still understand that "green" does not necessarily mean higher cost, administration, or hassles. Green can be simple, hassle-free, and directly impact the bottom line. Also, if you are currently using or thinking about using lean methods, lean and green go hand in hand!
This one day workshop provides participants with fundamentals of Harnessing the Power of Green and covers the following areas:
- The Business Case for Going Green
- Including industry examples
- Fundamentals of Green Wastes
- Identifying improvement opportunities
- Quick low-cost/no-cost wins
- Scanning opportunities in energy, water, discharge, materials, packaging, solid waste, and emissions
- Using Lean to Go Green
- Value Stream Mapping for Green Analysis (with hands-on application)
- Identifying first steps
- Using Green Teams
- Sustainability: The First 90 Days
At the conclusion of this course, participants will have a basic understanding of green business fundamentals and can begin lean and green initiatives in their businesses.
The instructor for this course is Mike Rothmeier, a seasoned lean practitioner and consultant, whose focus area has centered on lean and green integration for business results.
The Community College of Baltimore County Hunt Valley Campus is located at 11101 McCormick Road,
Baltimore, MD 21031.
This event is jointly sponsored by:
- The Maryland World Class Consortia
- The Community College of Baltimore County
- RMI of Maryland
- University of Maryland Techology Extension Service (MTES)